Join GayCities, the fun way to discover the worldSee where your friends and people like you are going and what they say about places and events worldwide.
Want advice? Add a question
Looking to travel to London this spring-Can anyone recommend which area to stay in?Is May a good month to go(weather wise)?
5 answers to this question
In my point of view, the most appropriate area to stay in London is Pimlico, this is because there the accommodation prices are bit lower as compared to other parts and it is also nearer to the most visited landmarks of the city. Yes it has been the most prominent month, as weather is truly amazing to enjoy the beauty of whole London city. It is a big city and to reach all the landmarks without any guidance become quite difficult for anyone. So it’s necessary to take a guided tour organized by good travel agency like Eddie’s Kosher Travel to explore the beauty of the entire unheard destination without any difficulty.
When commuting to work people choose mode of transportation bases on a combination of time and cost, Public transportation or car pooling is cheaper than driving alone but takes more time, so people can substitute one for the other. Vacation travel requires time so the more time you have for vacations the more money you will spend on transportation for travel, so time and cost will act as compliments. Thanks. Regards, flights to tobago
May should be warm and sunny though April is very wet at the moment! West london is handy for heathrow but if you want cool and trendy the area around hoxton sq/shoreditch is very cool. Quick to get int the city by tube
In my opinion, there is no good month to go weather wise to the UK! Only kidding, lets hope by spring or summer things should be looking up. I have always enjoyed staying in Earl's Court in London although it is no longer the Gay area it once was. The reason I like it is that there are many reasonable hotels and places to eat (although even Earl's Court has become more expensive as of late- you have to look around if you are on a budget). It is also between Heathrow Airport and the center- the Tube stops there. So getting around is easy. I've stayed in the East End and found it rather bleak. Also in the center and found it too frantic (as well as not much value for money). Of course, where you stay depends on what your interests are.
Newest London Questions
- Will be touring London from June 17-29, can anyone recommend a good place that I can hit up for an afternoon drink (beer, coffee, "fancy drink"). Thanks for the heads up!
- Looking for best place to live in London? Where I can get rental flats or apartment at good price
- Hey guys, my bf and I are in London for a few days from May 8-13. Can any suggest good bars, gym to hit up?
- Hello all! I'm gonna be in London between June 17-30 and was wondering is you guys can suggest some good bars/clubs to hit up while I'm there. I've checked out the site to see what London has to offer but there are just way too many to pick from. If there are any events that aren't listed on here let, I'd love to hear about them as well. Thanks a bunch in advance for the help, it is much appreciated! :)
- Will be in London in June-6-12 traveling alone-looking for placing to go out like pubs/restaurants-any other suggestions welcomed-